I’ve written a lot in the past about the benefits of finding meaningful work that you enjoy and can do with passion.
One of my favourite quotes is, “Find a job that you love and you’ll never work another day in your life.”
However, I’m also aware that this isn’t always possible.
You may be passionate about scrap-booking, but it probably will never pay the bills.
Similarly, you may have a love of sport, but lack the coordination or athletic ability to ever be a professional athlete.
Doing what you love may be a remote dream, but there’s nothing stopping you from loving what you do.
You can still find a job where you love:
- the people you work with.
- solving complex problems.
- working with new technology.
- the opportunity to learn new skills.
- making a difference in the world.
- the tasks that you’re involved with.
- the environment that you’re working in.
- the flexibility that you’re job allows.
- the interactions with customers.
- your working conditions, including the money that you’re paid.
You spend too much time at work to be miserable and unmotivated. So try to find something about your current role that you can get excited about, or find a job where you can express yourself with enthusiasm.
There’s an old song that says, “If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.”
My adage for today is, “If you can’t do the job you love, love the job you do.”
And if you need a hand finding such a job, feel free to give us a call on 0423 296 673 so that we can help you find one.
Taken from Darren’s Better Life Coaching Blog.Share