Work is a big part of our lives.
The average person will spend 100,000 hours at work during their careers.
That’s a scary thought if you hate what you do for a living.
But instead of doing something about it and finding meaningful work that we love, we come up with a range of excuses that we keep telling ourselves over and over again until we believe them.
Here are the top 10 lies that I’ve come across:
- Work isn’t meant to be enjoyed.
- I’m not one of those people who can ever find a job doing what I love.
- It’s too late to make the change now.
- I can’t find anything to be passionate about.
- I should be grateful just to have a job.
- I’m too afraid to do anything.
- I won’t be able to provide for my family.
- Other people wouldn’t approve.
- I’ve worked too hard to get where I am in my current industry, it would be a waste to change.
- I don’t have the inner drive or entrepreneurial spirit to follow my dreams.
Don’t fall for them.
They don’t have to be true.
100,000 hours is too long to spend doing something that doesn’t get your heart racing.
Perhaps it’s time to tell yourself the truth.
- You have unique abilities and skills.
- You deserve to find a job that you love.
- It will take initiative and drive to find it, but those qualities can be learned by those who care enough.
- The world will be a better place when you utilise your capabilities in a meaningful role that you’re passionate about.
Do you ever tell yourself these lies?
If so, it’s time that you stopped deceiving yourself about work and started taking action that could lead you towards the next exciting phase of your life.
And we’re here to help you to do just that.
Give us a call on 0423 296 673 if you want to take the next exciting step in your career.
Taken from Darren’s Better Life Coaching Blog.Share